Tuesday 24 March 2009

Nice pass of USA 129

The evening initially started clear. I observed the ISS, the Lacrosse 3 & 4 (97-064A & 00-047A) and the Keyhole USA 129 (96-072A).

Lacrosse 3 was very bright (+1) while descending to the west, showing multiple slow flares. USA 129 was very nice, +2.5 and grazing the tip of the Big Dipper's tail. It resulted in the nice picture below. The bright star grazed halfway by the trail is eta Uma, the tip of the Big dipper tail. Alcor and Mizar are in top. Movement is from righ to legt. The smudge at the left edge of the picture is clouds.

(click image to enlarge)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marco, great blog and full of interesting images/info. I have an image I would like you to see, and would love to contact you though I don't seem to be able to do that. Perhaps you could contact me on johnmcconnell9929[at]hotmail[dot]com Many thanks.